1. Pain Reliever
You don’t need one of those fancy homeopathic hot packs to soothe sore muscles, you can use a sock instead. Put some rice in a sock and place it in the microwave. Once it is warm you can use it to help release tension. Place it on your forehead, back, legs, or any other area that aches.
Want curly hair, but don’t want to use uncomfortable curlers? Try tying socks in your hair, sleep with it, and wake up to nice curls. There are numerous videos on YouTube you can find if you just type in the search field “sock curls.”
3. Paper Weight
If you need a paperweight that is both pretty and cheap you can make one yourself. Get a stone from your yard and place it inside a sock. It requires basic sewing skills and you can find instructions here. It is a great idea for an outdoor party and can be used to keep napkins from flying away in the wind.
The most simple thing you can use socks for is a cleaning rag. Instead of throwing out faded or holey socks you can use them to wash things around your house. Use them to wash your car, counter tops, or bathroom. A thicker sock, like a crew sock or tube sock may be best for this use. You can even make your own cleaning agent with vinegar if you really want to get creative.
5. Skin Soother
Take 2 cups of grounded up oatmeal and place it in a sock and tie it. Place it in your bath water and it will make your skin nice. Oatmeal is great for healing sun-burn, dry skin and other skin conditions.
After you use up all your old socks with these new ideas, you can come on over to blackandwhitesocks.com to purchase brand new socks. We have tube socks and crew socks, but carry many other types as well. Come check out us.
For more information on other uses for socks, you can visit the original article at care2.com.
Socks are great for warming up our feet and making sure they don’t stink up a room, but they have many other uses you may not have thought about. Real Simple made a list of “New Uses for Clothing” in which many ideas involved the use of socks. Here are some ideas with photos.
1. Place socks on the legs of furniture to protect your precious wooden floors.
2. Use a sock as a wine bottle bag. Give two bottles as a gift for a complete pair.
3. Use a lingerie bag to keep socks organized and prevent them from getting lost.
4. Place socks over your shoes while traveling to protect from dirt and damage.
5. Add some puffy paint to the bottom of socks to make them slip-proof.
6. Coffee too hot? Then slip a sock over your cup and drink up.
7. Place sunglasses inside mittens (or socks) to prevent scratches.
8. Protect your light bulbs by placing them in socks.
9. Keep cords together and out of the way with a trouser sock.
10. Does it snow where you live? Use a sock over your wipers so you don’t have to deice them.